The reality is that if you surround yourself with individuals pursuing the same course you will quickly discover that your inhibitions are not solely your own. Your cohorts will have had the same thought process and issues. Thus, they will give you a fix to your “mind” problems (yes, it is all in your head) and encourage you every step of the way. This is what I am discovering as I pursue writing. There is not a problem that I have cajoled in my head that is exclusive or new to the writing community. In fact, my instructor will say, “I have a fix for that.” and “Oh, I have a fix for that too.” If I did not have her to say she has a fix, guess what? The books on writing and writing guides have a fix also. I have yet to find something in this particular area where an issue I am experiencing is exclusive and no one knows what I am talking about. So, get out of your own way today and start living your dream.
- Dream big.
- Most dreams do not happen overnight. Be persistent in pursuing your course.
- Ensure that you are actively working towards achieving your dream.
- Step outside of your comfort zone. No one said the road would be easy.
- Follow your heart. People are different…my work life is different from my dream life; these are two separate entities for me. For others that fast-track career is their dream and they thrive from it.
- Share It. You are not looking for feedback or advice. You’re just simply putting out into the universe what you want to achieve in your lifetime. But, people who are in your corner will ask and inquire about your progress, thus making you accountable.
- Your dream is about doing something that you love.
- It will not be easy, but push ahead anyway.
- Think positive thoughts – no negative energy.
- Your dream, in essence, is your passion.